Tomorrow is the famous Vatsim event, Cross The Pound Westbound. Therefore we anticipate ATC delays for pilots flying on Vatsim tomorrow. Below is guidance and rules to follow during Vatsim flight’s tomorrow that may be effected:
- We suggest you take extra fuel for on route holding and holding at both your departure and arrival airports
- If you gain any delays to your flight please put in the comments box “Cross The Pond Westbound”
- Please do not start your tracker until you have received clearance to push back from the relevant controller
- We will allow for 30 minutes on the ground for any non CTP flight’s before takeoff and 1 hour for CTP participants. Anything over this time will be removed from your overall time.
Here are the list of airports to either avoid or attempt tomorrow, also take into account the airspace will be busy around the below airports.
- Amsterdam, Barcelona, London Heathrow, Vienna and Warsaw
- Atlanta, Chicago, Calgary, Miami, New York JFK, Toronto and Washington
Good luck and let us know if you have any questions!